Sunday, November 27, 2011

Germany Week 14 –Thanksgiving with the soldiers and a couple of Christkindlmarkt ( street markets)


Germany Week 14 –Thanksgiving with the soldiers and a couple of Christkindlmarkt ( street markets)
Dear All,
This week we all went to Thanksgiving dinner with the soldiers.  It was unbelievable, the spread they had.  All you can eat turkey, ham, lobster, and every kind of salad and side dish you could dream up and a table full of desserts that were out of this world.  I loved it!!  We ate till our bellies were full. See pictures below.
After the dinner we went to Nuremburg with Amanda and her friend.  We saw the beginnings of the Christmas markets.  We got the boots to drink out of and bought some charms for their Pandora bracelets to represent where they had visited.  Me, I am collecting my thimbles from everywhere.
Friday they all left :( and because we had gotten our furniture finally about 4pm the day before they came, I spent most of Friday catching up on sleep and trying to actually organize our stuff instead of just throwing it in drawers.  Because we brought over the wrong size bed frame ( don’t ask -who knows why?) our bed is almost to the ceiling. See picture below it is quite humorous to try to climb up and down off the perch.  Just one more story.
Saturday, I sent the last of my Christmas packages to the house in Tallahassee.  I am ordering everything else for Christmas on line- first time I’ve ever done that and having it sent to the house. I'm ususally a Black Friday junkie. But online ordering is  pretty easy. I got up with a friend and we went to two Christmas markets yesterday afternoon and the mall ( a little retail therapy).  Loads of fun.  The Germans do love to party.  They just finished up with Oktoberfest so I guess they took a little break and now it’s time for Christmas which seems to be nonstop till January 6th. And if you’ve ever been to my house during Christmas with my five trees and counting you know I kind of like Christmas too.  This year at home will be minimal and a real tree.  Thomas is looking forward to it.  Did not want to spend my couple of weeks home decorating and taking it down.
I am busy writing my Christmas cards to send from here.  With that I will close for this week.  Have a great week.
Hugs from Germany,
Susan














No comments:

Post a Comment