Tuesday, September 6, 2011

week 1 Germany

I made it to Germany and seem to be over most of my jet lag.
It has been a whirlwind of activity. I have gone to the school and done pre planning. I am staying on the  base and am searching for a house.  I have gone to look at a few and am now studying for the German driver's license a little hard to get I guess--lots of road signs.  I have gone out to eat or been invited over to eat by a lot of the teachers and they have adopted me and taken care of me really well. I went to my first German festival last night and it was fun, lots of beer drinking and celebrating,  note the band in the picture below, the German people are very happy people.
 I am really enjoying this. I have booked a  sponsored trip next weekend to Amsterdam so really looking forward to that. I have visited the PX and have lots more I can do--just am taking it slowly.
Anyway I am posting a bit on face book-- Gregg wont get her till mid Sept.
I am having a good time .
Hugs  from Germany
Susan

No comments:

Post a Comment