Sunday, December 25, 2011

German via Tallahassee week 18 Merry Christmas!!

Germany via Tallahassee week 18 Merry Christmas
Merry Christmas 2011 to all of you
This week has been fabulous.  I forgot how wonderful the weather was here is Florida.  It has been “shorts” weather every day and I have taken advantage of soaking up the sun every chance I get.  I started out the week with a get together at the house. I usually throw a Christmas party every year so I was glad that I did not have to stop that tradition.  I have had to forgo so many other traditions.  I am thankful for the friends who were able to drop by, it was great to see all of you.
The next day I had to pick up some Christmas presents and start the wrapping.  I finally got all of the presents wrapped and bought and that was a big load off of me.  I went out with my sister and daughter and a friend to a movie and that was nice.  It was nice to just get into the car and go.  Something that I don’t seem to be able to do in Germany. It is always an ordeal to do anything.
Yesterday was a busy day seeing relatives and exchanging presents and taking my dad to see the Christmas lights and watching Christmas Vacation another tradition.
Today was a glorious: up at 6am and opening presents, cooking and eating and then to a movie with the family.  Loved it all and the family loved the European themed presents this year.  J
I am so blessed to have so many wonderful people in my life.  I am thankful for the family I was born into and the friends that are like family.
Merry Christmas to all and have a wonderful day after Christmas too.  I plan on hitting up some after Christmas sales. I have not defiled my credit card enough. lol
Anyway next time I write it will be from Germany. We go back at the end of the week to experience the New year Germany style, but while we are still here I will be soaking up the sun.
With that I will close. Once again, Merry Christmas!!
Hugs to all,
Susan




No comments:

Post a Comment