Wednesday, June 27, 2012

Germany -week 44 Final Blog Looking Back


 Germany week 44 --Final Blog Looking Back

Dear all:

Well this is my last entry. It has been 44 weeks and I was in Europe for 302 days, Or 9 months, 28 days --26,092,800 seconds--434,880 minutes --7248 hours --43 weeks (rounded down). I found a neat website that figured all of that out for me. LOL

My lists

Favorite places: Barcelona, Spain--Garmisch, Germany (the German ALPS), Venice, Italy, Rothenberg, Germany, Prague, Czech, Salzburg, Austria, Regensburg, Germany
Least favorite: Zurich, Switzerland--(expensive and not enough historical significance)

Most beautiful sites: Zugspitze The German Alps--All of Bavaria, Germany

Biggest surprise: Budapest, Hungary

Best local food: Paella in Spain, Lasagna in Venice and goulash in Hungary

Coolest place of all: Stonehenge

Coolest travel thing we did: rode on the night train

Travel tips:  Use Ryan Air and booking .com when you travel around Europe--map to choose your hotel to be walking distance to a stop on the hop on hop off bus and use that as a cab-Hop on hop offs are a great way to see all the city has to offer along with hearing about the history of the place. Booking.com flash deals are the best value-change money at an airport or use ATM better exchange rate. Plan ahead but be flexible you never know what might crop up.

What I will miss: My new found friends, my students, Countryside in Bavaria, snow, commissary, the patriotism experienced every day, travelling Europe, our Bavarian house, my baby car.

What I won't miss: Being away from my family, friends and my dog, All of the Rules, the "not like our free" freedom, not being able to tell others where I work when traveling, etc, being a foreigner, having to ask who speaks English, being IDed everywhere, having to carry two types of money.

All in all, we figured that we had travelled to 14 countries and over 65 cities. Gregg and I had a great time --a bit of an understatement. We will talk about this year forever. I wish to thank those who took this journey with me through my blog and I appreciate all of the positive remarks about my blog. Thanks for sharing my 302 days in Europe.

Now I go back to my real life. I will be seeing my family often and will be checking in on my Dad daily. I plan to go full force into my writing as I was too busy travelling and working this past year to devote much time to it. I am still editing the book- Blood Stone Legacy -as I was not completely happy with it so back to the editing board it went-I am hoping it will be coming out at the end of this year or first of next year. I plan to complete the third in my Newt's World Series to finish that series up and I am in draft status of a yet to be named book that will be set in Germany and the USA.

I have met with my writing group and am resuming my school visits.

If you want to contact me about any of my books or about my blog or my visit to Europe. Feel free to email. susan.womble@gmail.com or check out my websites, www.susanwomble.com or www.newtsworldbeginnings.com

Below I put in a few pictures of just a few of the places we visited.  It really was a great year and a dream come true.
 
So for the last time,

Hugs from Germany (via Tallahassee)

Susan
 London

 Nuremberg

 Dresden

 Snow

 Luxembourg

 Stonehenge

 Alps

 Venice

 Paris






























1 comment:

  1. Hi Susan,
    I have found your blog, which I really like it. I hope you will continue the writing. I enjoyed to read your posts.
    I was wondering if you would be interested in sharing your posts and ideas on Glipho? It's a quite new social publishing platform, where you can connect to every social network accounts (Facebook, Twitter, Flickr, YouTube, etc). Really easy to use it and communicate with your followers. In additional, you are able to import your posts too.
    Please, have a look and take a tour to know more about Glipho.
    If you would like to set up your account, please do not hesitate to ask me for further information.
    We are always delighted to get any feedback about the things which do or don’t work for you.
    I hope you will join to Glipho community soon. It's so much fun! :)
    All the best,
    Monika

    ReplyDelete