Sunday, April 15, 2012

Germany week 34 Barcelona Day 4 & 5

Germany week 34 Barcelona day 3 and 4
Hello all
Today we got up and went to the zoo since it was right across the street and the hop on bus gave us discount tickets to the zoo so we thought why not use them.  It was fantastic.  We went to a dolphin show and it was really good.  There were lots of animals I had never seen lots of primates from South America that had hair that looked like people hair.  They were very small and in an enclosed area where you could not take pictures but I got lots of pictures other places. 
We also went to the Las Ramblas--  if you will notice there is a picture of the AK47 Russian rifles in the store here. I guess they don't do much with gun control here.  
One other thing about Barcelona is it is an artist area.  Almost all of the villages and buildings had a great artist who sculpted or did them and that was also the same on the Las Ramblas street-- there were many artists on the street. Gregg insisted on me getting a portrait done here.  You can see me sitting for the portrait and then the finished product.  I think the artist was very kind to me.  He took a few years off.  Thanks artist.
We just got up this AM and they are still partying on the street --it's 6AM this place never closes down.  LOL
We head back today so by the time I send this we will be in Germany.
With that I will close until next week it's back to work for me.
Hugs from Germany,
Susan






















1 comment:

  1. The artist also made you look a it like a native Spaniard. Cool.

    ReplyDelete